Monday, August 25, 2008

Judging A Gift By Its Bag...

A gift is made double-sepcial if the package it arrives in is beautiful. The thought of a beautifully wrapped, thoughtfully picked gift excites everyone. And I never undermine the importance of ensuring that the gift is packaged beautifully. In fact, I sometimes end up liking the gift-packaging as much as the gift itself! A couple of years ago, I bought a lovely book on making gifts extra-special by packaging them beautifully. I often use home-made packaging, but recently, at a trade exhibition, I could not resist picking up a few ready-made ones from their collection. I used one of these for packaging the birthday gift of my sister-in-law. She loved it! I am posting a couple of pictures of the bag. I will try and visit their store and get some more pictures for you all.





I am finally getting convinced that my Blogroll won't assemble itself miraculously, and that I will have to do it myself. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Mercedes de Marchena said...

Absolutely true...packaging is a most important part of a gift!
Love this one!

Richel said...

That packaging is wonderful! I think I'd be happy with just the packaging!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That bag is so lovely. I quite agree on packaging being important. When I run out of materials I wrap in newspaper and add a pretty ribbon--it always causes a (good) stir!

Vain and Vapid said...

I totally agree, I spend way more time shopping for Xmas wrapping than I do buying some of the gifts.

Good luck with the blog roll, I have been planning to update mine for almost 6 months and counting....

Absolutely Fabulous said...

wow !!! as in all things, packaging makes a big difference.
missed you prati!!! see you

Bombchell said...

wow that is definitely the prettiest gift bag ive seen. I wonder where i can buy one.

Pratishtha Durga said...

Clothes Horse: I have done that on a couple of occasions. It makes for stunning packaging, really. I also use crumpled brown paper, with multi-colored ribbons.

Richal: I know what you mean. I really love to save good packaging. it makes the gift so much more exciting!

Merc: You should see their collection! It's awesome!

Pratishtha Durga said...

Vain and Vapid: Tell me about it. I am the queen of procrastination.

Absolutely fabulous: Good to see you back, lady. you have been missed. Hope your break was good.

Bombchell: I am sure you will find something like this online.

yiqin; said...

I love gifts that are wrapped so beautifully & wit very pretty ribbons!e

Anonymous said...

I think a nice gift bag, wrapping paper and ribbons/bows etc always make a gift a little more special, and i think if it's home-made, it just shows that you have put that little bit of extra thought into the gift :)

Oh by the way...i apologise for my stupid blog, for some reason it thinks your comments are spam and need to be double checked! Im trying to see if there is a way to fix this though....

Marian said...

the gift bag is precious! gift packaging is very important,first thing one sees.
muah
marian