Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lakme Fashion Week - Winter Festive 2010 - Rohan Arora

My bad fortunes continue! No sooner had I recovered, my dad was hospitalized with Hypoglycemia. It was a big scare for all of us, as appare4nlty it can get really serious! I am about done with trying times. Today is another day, and it’s bright and sunny outside, and I am not going to let a little bit of stormy weather get in the way of the last traces of summer we have left to enjoy.
The last of day of Lakme Fashion Week Winter Festive had a delightful surprise for the fashion lovers. The accessories show featured the extremely talented Rohan Arora. I met Rohan at his stall at “The Source”. An amicable, unassuming young designer, all smiles and filled with enthusiasm about his new collection. “The shoes are all hand-made, with a mix of printed fabrics, hand-painted khadi, and leather”, he informed the curious crowd naturally attracted to the quirky and colorful collection. Having started his label in 2008, Rohan has been creating high-end fashion footwear for numerous big names in Indian fashion design.
His collection featured at the Lakme Fashion Week was an eclectic mix of colors, with hand-painted posters of old films painted on strikingly edgy footwear. Models walked the ramp sporting ankle and calf length boots in shades of beige, brown, blue, orange and red. Spiral heels, cuffs, side flaps and flat lace-ups had the audience hooked to the trendy designs.


I am going to post the remaining reviews soon, and hope that if life is planning on springing any more surprises at me, they’d at least be pleasant ones. Will soon be visiting my favorite lovely blogs and catching up on all the glorious fashion and lifestyle news from all of you. Till then, take care and wait for some super exciting, life changing news from me!

PHOTO SOURCE

33 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Wow! All of those shoes are so cool!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

design traveller said...

crazy shoes design!

Bhushavali said...

Awesome shoes!!! Amazing!!!
Being a Saree clad Bride's Maid

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Those boots are gorgeous! Great blog post & review XOXO
following you care to follow me back?

SabinePsynopsis said...

These are incredible shoe designs. Love them! Great post!

Berlin said...

Life is always a challenge.
Hopefully everything will get better :D

The boots are very interesting. I would love to have the black one as the picture of the people are very subtle. So beautiful!

Thank you for your very kind thoughts, I do appreciate them!

Camping on the clouds,
Berlin

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Oooh, can't wait for the news!! I love those shoes! They're all fantastic!! xxoxoxoxoo

Joanne Faith said...

Glad to hear that your Dad is ok - those shoes look crazy, nice use of color. xo

http://joannefaith.com

little luxury list said...

Those designs are so cool!

Good vibes to your dad. Like you said, he's a tough guy so hoping for the best.

Unknown said...

Those boots are insane! Love the idea of graphic shoes, you could wear all black and then splash out with the shoes, gorgeous! XX!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Hi dear!
Wow those shoes are amazing! I love the top right pair!!

Hope you have a fabulous day!!
Anna

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I hope your dad is feeling better sweetie! Sending good vibes your way. On a lighter note I love the shoes!
xoxo

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing shoes!
Love them!

xoxox,
CC

Vix said...

Wishing your dad good thoughts from the UK!
I love those shoes, they are incredible, almost like art. xxx

design traveller said...

I'm waiting for more :)

Audrey Allure said...

Love the shoes!

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Hope your dad gets better soon!:) Love those shoes. :)SarahD

Gorgeous Glam said...

Wow pretty cool shoes! Hope your re-invention is going well! ;) Isn't that one of the best parts of life? To be able to transform ! hugs dear :)

À LA MODEST said...

Hey missy! :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Glad Elaine got you to me! I love the runway looks you have on here. The fabrics are amazing, and those shoes... *drools*!

Unknown said...

Oh, darling, I am so sorry to hear about your dad and I hope he is feeling much better now. I love your outlook and would like to remind you how really important it is to stay positive. :-))) Positive thought attrackt positive happenings!
I fell in love with tall boots. What a great idea!!!Thank you for another fabulous introduction!:-)

Haute World said...

Those shoes are insane! Love the detailing! And I hope you're dad is doing well!

Sydnie said...

The top right shoe is my favorite! I wish SO badly they were mine! By the way, I should be putting the pictures up soon ... I'm having a difficult time getting my friend to give them up just yet! :)

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

The Sydney Girl said...

WOW! the shoes are so unique. love it! X

Berlin said...

Haha, I really thought that my plant looks like a pot of cute fungi. Thank you very much for your comment :)

I too am very busy with my tuition and everything..

I wish you a good week ahead!

Diamond in raindrops,
Berlin

Punctuation Mark said...

those are some fun shoes... perfect for a statement outfit!

À LA MODEST said...

Those shoes look amazing! I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but I hope he gets better soon!

Fashion Cappuccino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

I'm so sorry about your dad... I hope he is better by now.

CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

Unknown said...

Decided to stop by to wich you a wonderful day. It is cold and rainy in New York, I hope the weather treating you much better!:-)

Barbara von Enger said...

Ah, those boots - so mad and colourful, too;-)

Gwendolyn said...

Hello, great blog! not sure how to reach you, but interested in doing a partnership. Starting a global magazine for the fly, cool creatives..and want street style in India to be represented. If you are interested, contact me at gwen@n3magazine.com..thanks!

sourceoutdoor said...

Oh my god, i wear only plain, regular shoes which are made for walking. This is the first i hear about GPS shoes. It's a bad thing if you're running from something, and a great thing if you're lost. GPS shoes in Europe here we come!

footwear said...

Women Footwear is manufactured in countless designs and styles. For those women who want to have a casual feel, flats provide them with the best of answer