Thursday, August 9, 2012

Winter Festive Color Trends - Yellow on the runway

Color always spells joy for me, whether it's in interiors, or fashion. I actively seek bright colors, and unabashedly use them as mood-lifters on Mondays and other days when things are not going too well. One of my all time, all seasons go-to color is Yellow. I love all shades of it, and I am fortunate to have a brown skin-tone that actually goes well with this color. So, it was surely a delight to see a more than generous sprinkling of yellow in the recently concluded Lakme Fashion Week Winter Festive 2012. This bright and playful hue will be a big scorcher this season. Full of warm vitality, yellow made an appearance in just about every other show at the fashion week. Bold and brave in edgy outfits, finding a perfect companion in black, or lending an audacious streak to an otherwise subdued outfit, yellow spoke out loud on every day of the Fashion Week. From pale yellow to bright lemon – yellow is the color for those who don't feel particularly mellow this season. Among the designers who made some fabulous use of one of my favorite colors is Deepika Govind who sent some spirited interpretations of the color down the runway.
Ken Fernandes adorned his yellows with Rorschach inkblot test-like patterns, giving them a dark and elegant twist.
Prashant Chauhan and Tanya Sharma blended two of the season's prominent trends - yellow and sheer to create some glamour-infused high fashion designs.
Mayank Anand, Pia Pauro, Payal Khandwala, and Sailex make just a few names in the list of designers who played with yellow in the upcoming season's collections.
It's such a delight that this sunny hue is getting its due, and how! And with yellow around, Orange too promises to stick around a little more. Orange and yellow usually make an appearance together. For more trend updates and fashion week collection reviews, please join my facebook page www.facebook.com/shotcouture.

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really really reallyyyyy want to buy something yellow and wear ... but sadly I look horrible in Yellow.
THough this post did make me dream :)

Vanessa said...

Nice post.
Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
My Blog

Jelena Zivanovic said...

Beautiful sunshine palette, I adore it!!! Happy Friday!
xoxo
Jelena

Vanessa said...

Thanks,for the follow.<3
Follow you back on gfc.
Do you also follow me on bloglovin?
Let me know...follow you then back.;-)

Helmiina said...

Love the yellow color!:) Have a nice weekend dear, great post!
xx
http://secretuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Those are gorgeous...am over the moon for that last piece, would wear that for sure!! Colour is so grand...thank you ever so much for popping by!! We shall have our cheese & onion club ;) Have a great weekend doll x

Couture Carrie said...

Love yellow!
Beautiful runway selections!

xoxox,
CC

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

In love with that tribal top and yellow shorts!

re: yes because red was the dresscode

natzcracker

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

In love with that tribal top and yellow shorts!

re: yes because red was the dresscode

natzcracker

Mitha Komala said...

im so in love with the collection, they are awesome! yellow rules! <3 xx

Letters To Juliet

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Such a beautiful array of color! So shiny & bright...it just makes me happy :)

Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie! xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi dear!
Love so much you're blog <3, I follow u :)
My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.

Hope u follow back ;)

A lot of kisses.
http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

Cafe Fashionista said...

I am loving this bright shade for fall / winter - beautiful photographs! :)

Sam said...

Hi sweetheart, thanks so much for your lovely comment, you are too kind! I am captivated by these brighter hues of yellow, there is something really uplifting and optimistic about it. But moreover I am impressed at the Indian designers spin on this colour trend and how they have incorporated it into more traditional looks. Amazing styles!

Unknown said...

Wow, everything is so beautiful!
great blog

Unknown said...

Oh I feel the same way! I have a deep yellow in my Nail Color line and am excited that it's making it's way into Fall too!
Happy weekend to you!
xo Mary Jo

Anonymous said...

I totes agree with you. Yellow always makes me smile, although my favorite color is blue lol. Also, yellow screams summer! ;]

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lots of love, B
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Twitter|Facebook|Facebook Page

Katie Frank said...

oh wow, this collection looks very unique! well done post.
would you like to follow each other?
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

Audrey Allure said...

Gorgeous pieces - loving the yellow!

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I love yellow now, it is so full of life!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

Pauline said...

Good thing I'm loving yellow!

Great blog: I'm your new follower <3

STAY AWESOME
Lots of love;
www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I didn't realize how in love with yellow I was until right now. This is a fashion show I would have loved to have front row seats to!

Elle Sees said...

Love those shades of yellow

Angelica Ng said...

I've never been drawn to yellow, and I believe I only have one top in my wardrobe that is yellow. Yellow is so bright and uplifting that I technically should like it, but I guess I never liked it against my skin colour.

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I love yellow. Such pretty outfits.

*Erin

Steven Brown said...

THIS SUPER CUTE !!! LOVE THE COLLECTION. I hope you can take a read of my blog: http://theproverbs.net ...maybe it will help you in someway. I always love when new readers come and join too. Thanks and God Bless!

Clara Turbay said...

Unmistakable style, classy and sophistication with a cool and youthful touch.

Kashaya said...

Oh I love yellow!

http://kashaysblogg.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great selection and color. Lovely blog, visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow on GFC and bloglovin and I will follow back

yiqin; said...

love the outfits <3

bridechic said...

Fabulous! Love all shade of yellow

Mitha Komala said...

thanks for the lovely comment on my blog dear, cant wait for ur next post! <3

Letters To Juliet

Caro * said...

Fabulous outfits :)

Mihaela said...

oh amazing!

outfit/feel so close♥blog