Monday, June 23, 2008

Tagged... Vain is it!!!

The lovely Vain and Vapid tagged me, and this happens to be my first tag on blogger. So Yay!

This is the tag…

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to."

My current seven are:
1. Sold My Luck, by Irya Gmeyner
2. Bloodsport, by New Model Army
3. Gone Daddy Gone, by Gary Jules
4. The One I Adore, by Jenna Andrews

5. If I had Eyes, by Jack Johnson


6. Yeh Tera Hona, Movie Soundtrack, Jab We Met


7. Dekho Toh Aasmaan, Movie Soundtrack, Jahaan Tum le Chalo

Jenna Andrews’ The One I Adore is clearly a favorite from my list because I did my first podcast on ideajugglers to her music. The piece I recorded, “Love Just Is…” is a treasured piece of writing because it was written for the Valentine’s Day Writing Contest last year. I won.

The last two are songs from two really good Indian movies, both love stories. One is a really old film, but that song is an all time favorite. I love the quirky story behind Gary’s song Gone Daddy Gone.

Wikipedia: His song "Gone Daddy" is based upon his family and himself relocating to North Carolina. When living in L.A. a neighbor was gunned down at night. While the police were investigating the shooting, Gary approached one of the officers and explained that his child was trying to take a nap. Gary asked if the officer knew when they would be finished. The officer told Gary he did not know, but he could always leave L.A. So, Gary did.



I would like to tag the following lovely people.
1. Tea drinking English Rose
2. Into The Fray
3. Samsara
4. Such is Life In the Tropics
5. Clothes Horse
6. It’s Her Factory
7. The A to Z of Style

9 comments:

/// said...

I love your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I'll try to do this later this week! And I have to try and track down some of your picks--this is such a great way to find new music!

Pratishtha Durga said...

Thanks Design For mankind. I happen to love your blog too.

Ambika, you can find loads of this music on myspace. I too love finding new artistes and great new music.

Absolutely Fabulous said...

hey Prati! will do it soon. thanks noticed the new blog look :)

Laurel said...

Hey beautiful, thank you so much for the comment. It's total party time on August 1st when the voting ends - I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I hope, I hope, I hope!

Hope you're well!xoxoxoxoxoxo

samsara said...

Thanks for tagging me! That was super fun.

And thanks for sharing your music. I look forward to checking out your choices.

I love the new design. Very trippy. I have a hippie thing going on these days too. Trying to work the Talitha Getty in Morocco look.

Theme Fridays at your work, how fun is that?

Mercedes de Marchena said...

Prati!!!
Thanks for the tag...it's my first too!!!getting somewhere....YEAH!

Me said...

I just happened upon your blog, and I like what I see!
I may have to tag myself, because I like this music-related survey!

Pratishtha Durga said...

Ab-Fab: I just LOVE the pix of the babies! You are so lucky to have them around. I showed off your blog to the family.

Samsara: True! What a great way to share new music. Oh, I am totally into wild and colorful right now. I too love the new lok :)