Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where is the Winter?

It’s October, and no sign of winters. Mumbai is as warm as it was in mid-summer! The city usually has just two seasons- summer and monsoon. And both are quite inconvenient. Mumbai summers are humid. You don’t know what I am talking about till you visit the city. So I am not at all surprised that the two girls are dressed for summer. I love the prints on their dresses. And check out the flip-flops; quite appropriate for the weather.

And the lady in the second picture, I love her hair! She had so much spunk. And her clothes were so unusual for Mumbai. But she looked so cool and relaxed in them. AND she had so much spunk! Colaba is perfect for a warm day shopping so I am not surprised to see the shopping bags in both the pictures. The ladies were trying to kill the heat with some cool bargains.





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the dresses on the first two girls - they look so wonderful!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Great eye! These are some stylish ladies. I especially like the originality in the second photo.

yiqin; said...

The dress in the first picture is amazing. I love the print & the length!

Marian said...

lovely prints captured on the ladies. boy do i wish it was that warm here,its getting coledr by the day here in London.:o)
enjoy the heat for us.x
Marian

Breakaway said...

Hello Prati.Nice to hear from you again.It rained for 2 whole weeks earlier this month but now its super hot In Kuala Lumpur.We re melting here!My girls they can't stay indoor anymore,so just play in the little pond in front of the house catching fishes every now and then.

I hope to post some more pics soon ok!!

Anonymous said...

It's freezing today! I can't imagine dealing with humidity right now--if only!

Pratishtha Durga said...

Miss Karen: Yeah, the girls really do look wonderful. the prints were lovely.

Clothes Horse: I saw her from across the road, and just followed her. She was awesome!

Yigin: I see a lot of those dresses in Colaba.

Pratishtha Durga said...

Marian: My husband's family is on London and they were telling us about the snow. Tt's SO cold there! Mumbai weather got pleasant over the past one week. Make a snowman for me :P

Breakaway: I will wait for to post some lovely pix.

Ambika: Oh, you'd love it here! It's still warm, but evenings are nice and breezy.

Melmo Momoko said...

I love the dresses and shoes in the first picture!

The Daily Masquerade said...

he first two had very nice dresses! it's so strange to think about that people are wearing that now! Today when I woke up, it was snowing so I had to wear woolstockings, boots and a thick parka!

Vain and Vapid said...

They all look great. I just love the light weight fabrics and the beautiful prints. Definitely makes me miss summer...

Pratishtha Durga said...

Melmo: It is so common to see those dresses in Colaba. They are adorable.

Masquerade: Such is the planet we live on. It's still quite warm here. And snow, that unheard of!

Vain And vapid: Mumbai never lets you miss summer. How can you? it's ALWAYS summer here.

Bombchell said...

lol omg reminds me so much of Nigeria, the weather's hot, hot and hot, well except for raining season =)

ooh i love the first picture, the ladies look great.