Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Own Wonderland!

Someone recently said to me that you live only once, but you sleep every night. How true! My bedroom is the most private, intimate space I can create for myself right now. So it was that I started with an unsightly hole in the wall, a discolored blue bed left by the owner, and bare walls.

The less you have to work with, the better you can see an idea in your head. Material clutter hampers creativity. So I got to work. I got the bed removed and got more space in return. I got two thick mattresses kept on the floor, and that’s my bed. The windows got draped in blue and two chairs from the loft found new life with a kiss of white paint.

The old set of closets, brown and dull, stood there silently as every other corner of the house found its share of vibrant colors. So I dressed it up a little. The closet, I mean. It looks so alive now, and happy.

I sleep every night in this little wonderland of mine. Soon new colors will find their way into this room. Like fishes in green grass. Like red cows in a violet field. Like yellow birds in a Indigo sky. And I slip into dreams as colorful as the things around me. Not bad!

17 comments:

ritika mittal said...

prats!prats!prats!you are truly "living" in this house... truly happy n beaming with energy... i like i like...~! :)

Mercedes de Marchena said...

Piara,
This sounds heavenly...keep enjoying and sharing!

Haute World said...

Fantastic makeover! I love what you did with the closet as well... such a beautiful way to add color and create more individuality!

SabinePsynopsis said...

It's starting to look better and better! Well done! The sleeping space is so important.

The Little Fashion Treasury said...

Hi and thanks for leaving your sweet comment!

How sweet you call it your little Wonderland!

Have a lovely day ahead so far away in India ;)

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour,
Thank you so much for tospping by and your kind comments. I really love your what you said on your profile page - dressing depending on your mood and being inspired by your mother - I could have written that.
You've done a great job here on your bedroom. The flowers on the closet door are so pretty.
Will stop by soon.
Good evening to you!

Unknown said...

It is so wonderful to see happy colors, so vibrant and so sunny. :-). Before you know it, every room in your house will have its own character. You should, probablly, know that house protects the dreamer.:-) Wishing you wonderful weekend. We have only two Winter weekends left! The Spring is almost here :-)))

Sydnie said...

Your house is looking gorgeous! I love how the bed is on the floor. It gives it such a more intimate feel!

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

Vintage Obsession said...

so cosy,colorful,pretty!!how dfo you get out of bed in the morning?:)
P.S thanks for the comments :)

Couture Carrie said...

Very nice, darling!

And thanks for adding my link ~ I will put you on my Fellow Fashionistas blogroll, too!

xoxox,
CC

AsianCajuns (Cath) said...

How fun! I love what you did to the closet doors. I've gotten into a kick lately where I don't want any bright colors in my bedroom - so it's kind of like a serene haven. So far it's working!

Bijou's Style said...

how cool! thats great that you are designing everything

xx

bijousstyle.blogspot.com

vitaMinn style said...

Love the stencils (or paint) that you did with the closet! You're so creative!

Agree with you to remove clutter from one's life to let creativity flow through freely. =)

Anonymous said...

your house, especially the kitchen looks great!

yiqin; said...

Very cozy <3

Unknown said...

I stopped by to tell you that you absolutely must, must, MUST! see the movie "Under The Tuscan Sun". I thought of you when watching it. I think you will find so many important things in it...

Absolutely Fabulous said...

wonderful experiences prati!